Don’t leave out the lights when you construct your outdoor living area.
“That’s alright, we’ll whack them in later” – Don’t fall for that old chestnut
So much has changed in terms of patio covers & outdoor living areas which is natural. However, I am using the phrase more & more with clients “you don’t know what you don’t know”.
This prompted my thoughts as we’ve recently reconstructed an 20 year old patio cover for a client that was damaged in a recent hail storm & it highlighted this point.
People often think that they can leave their ‘accessories’ until a later date – & by accessories I mean lighting, blinds, Heatstrips, fans & the like.
Why? Ultimately to try & save money. But this has the opposite effect in a number of ways.
- You will ultimately pay more money later one if you ever choose to install lights.
Also think that when you go back to install fittings down the line, generally it is unsightly as we will hide the wiring within frames etc whilst we are constructing the area.
- You aren’t getting a good ROI (return on investment) as you can’t use the area day & night.
We are installing accessories & especially light fittings on 99% of the outdoor living areas we create & its something that we get our clients to start thinking about early in the piece. This way they are getting a flexible area – by flexible I mean an outdoor living area you can use whenever YOU want. You don’t need to poke your head outside to see if the weather is perfect first.
So what are your options?
- LED Downlights
- Smaller feature lights within frame work
- Feature lights/pieces.
The photo below shows this perfectly, using cool party lights hung between the frame to get the area a different feel.
- Track lights for Colorbond framing
- Remember that you can combine these all together & use them on your smartphone.
Don’t have a thousand different switches on the wall & forget which does what & then just turn eveything on!
Operate it all right off your smart phone.
Things to think about……
- Think about this early – don’t leave it out or leave it until the last minute.
Go & look at some light fittings & get the juices flowing. We have a relationship with ‘Beacon Lighting’ where our clients can select their own light fittings at trade prices.
This way they get exactly what they want.
- Where will you entertain? How big is the table & chairs
- Do you want to make a statement? Are you the type of person that wants the “Wow look at me” with a pink chandelier or are you all about practicality?
Would you like to find out more?
Can you entertain our relax outside all year round? Is your BBQ & outdoor furniture always covered?
Contact us to have a discussion about the options available for your home.
1. Email me photos of your outdoor living area
2. Make a time to meet in our display
We highly recommend that you share a coffee with us in our office so you can have a closer look at the products available in our display. We find that this helps our clients a lot as they can get a ‘hands on’ feel for each material option.
Our display is by appointment only, so use the section below to book in a suitable time for us to meet one on one to casually discuss your outdoor lifestyle.